This cinnamon sugar DIY coffee scrub recipe combines the exfoliating properties of sugar and coffee with the soothing aroma of cinnamon. We'll show you how to make this at home, step-by-step, and enjoy a spa-like experience at home.
Why You Will Love This DIY
- This is a super easy coffee sugar scrub recipe. It makes a great beginner's DIY!
- The scent of cinnamon and coffee is a wonderful combination. It is very warm and comforting and the smell of coffee, in particular, is invigorating.
- This coffee scrub leaves skin silky smooth.
- This homemade coffee scrub is made with all nontoxic all natural ingredients.
- It's gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- You only need a handful of simple and affordable ingredients to make this body scrub recipe.
- Once you make it part of a regular skincare routine, you will fall in love with this vegan body scrub recipe.
- This makes a perfect homemade gift for a coffee lover!
Coffee Scrub Ingredients
Granulated sugar: Any granulated sugar will work. I love to use white sugar or coconut sugar, but brown sugar works, too.
Coffee: Use strong, dark fresh ground coffee for best results. Regular-grind fresh coffee grounds work better than an espresso grind.
Oil: Any carrier oil you like will work well. I love to use jojoba oil or hemp seed oil, but olive oil, coconut oil, and sweet almond oil are also excellent choices.
Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon adds healthful properties and that delightful warming scent.
- For a scrub minus the sugar, use oat flour instead.
- You can add complimentary essential oils to this coffee scrub. A few drops of cinnamon, clove, or orange oil smell wonderful in this homemade body scrub recipe.
- You can actually use used coffee grounds in this homemade scrub recipe as a sustainable way to repurpose them and cut down on costs.
- For salt scrub, omit the sugar and use sea salt instead.
- Add a touch of vanilla extract for even more warmth.
How to Make DIY Coffee Body Scrub
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly drizzle the oil into the dry ingredients, while stirring.
- Stir until all is moist and well incorporated.
Coffee Scrub Skin Benefits
- Exfoliation: Coffee body scrub is a great way to exfoliate dead skin cells and dry skin, revealing softer and smoother skin.
- Increased blood circulation: The caffeine in coffee helps to increase blood flow, which can improve the appearance of your skin tone and make it look more vibrant.
- Cellulite reduction: Similar to dry brushing, some people believe that the caffeine content in a coffee sugar body scrub can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite, visibly tone the skin, and increase collagen production.
- Antioxidant properties: Coffee contains antioxidants that can help to protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Improved texture: Regular use of a homemade coffee sugar scrub can help to improve the texture of your skin, and fade stretch marks, making it look and feel more youthful.
- Hydration: Coffee scrub can help to hydrate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and moisturized.
- Aromatherapy: The scent of coffee can be invigorating and uplifting, providing a relaxing and refreshing experience during your scrub.
More DIY Skin Care Products
DIY Coffee Scrub
- 1 cup granulated sugar white cane sugar, brown sugar or coconut sugar all work!
- ½ cup ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup carrier oil of choice see post above for options
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, coffee and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Slowly pour the oil into the dry ingredients while stirring. Continue stirring until the oil is evenly distributed and the dry ingredients are saturated in oil.
- Keep the coffee scrub stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up 3 months.
- To use, take approximately 1/4 cup of scrub into your hands and massage in a circular motion over damp skin. Rinse and enjoy your smooth skin!