This iced dandelion chaga latte recipe is not only easy to make, but a super tasty, coffee-like beverage packed with medicinal benefits, too.
Few things are more refreshing or satisfying than a really good iced herbal beverage. This iced “latte” uses dandelion and chaga instead of the conventional espresso you would expect to find in a latte. Why? Surprisingly, chaga and dandelion not only do a great job of emulating that classic iced coffee flavor but offer potential health benefits as well, all in a caffeine-free formula with an amazing taste, and no cases of the jitters.
Dandelion root and dandelion leaf aid detoxification pathways in the body, support the liver, promote healthy digestion, and are packed with minerals. When it is used in food and beverages, it offers cooling and bitter properties to whatever it is enjoyed in, making it the perfect fit for this delightful drink recipe.
Chaga mushrooms are medicinal mushrooms most well known for their positive impact on the immune system, promoting white blood cell formation, which is integral for fighting pathogens. They also have been shown to have strong anti-inflammatory effects and are a rich source of B vitamins and Vitamin D. Chaga is also considered an adaptogenic mushroom and can help combat stress-induced ailments, provide immune-boosting properties, and lend a subtle natural energy boost when in need. What’s not to love?
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This iced chaga dandelion latte recipe makes for a truly tasty flavor combo.
- This iced drink recipe is super easy to make.
- While entirely caffeine free, this brew is naturally fortifying and energizing, making it an excellent coffee alternative.
- This dandelion chaga latte is packed with medicinal benefits.
- Naturally vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based, nut-free, and soy-free.
How to Make Dandelion Chaga Latte
- Gather the dried chaga mushroom, dandelion root, and dandelion leaf.
- Combine these ingredients in a mug.
- Pour boiling water into the mug and let it steep for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- After steeping, strain the mixture and gently stir in maple syrup while the infusion is still warm.
- Allow the infusion to cool down to room temperature.
- Take your favorite glass and add ice cubes.
- Pour milk over the ice cubes, and then add the cooled infusion.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top as a finishing touch.
- Sit back, relax, and savor your delightful beverage!
Make this herbal latte your own by adding additional spices, and special additions such as maca powder, or other medicinal mushrooms like reishi, cordyceps, or lion's mane.
You Might Also Like These Herbal Drink Recipes
Iced Dandelion Chaga Latte
- 1 tablespoon dried chaga mushroom
- ½ tablespoon dandelion root
- ½ tablespoon dandelion leaf
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- ½ cup cold milk of choice
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
- In a mug, combine the dried chaga mushroom, dandelion root, and dandelion leaf.
- Pour the boiling water into the mug and allow all to steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain the ingredients, then stir the maple syrup into the still-warm infusion.
- Allow the infusion to cool to room temperature.
- Place ice into a favorite glass, pour the milk over the ice, followed by the infusion.
- Dust with ground cinnamon before serving.
Leave a Reply