This peppermint beard oil a simple 2-ingredient DIY recipe that moisturizes, scents and stimulates beard growth.
What is Beard Oil?
Beard oil is a natural conditioning agent used to soften, strengthen and moisturize the beard.
What is Peppermint Oil?
In this case, peppermint oil is referring to peppermint essential oil which is the oil released when peppermint leaves are steam distilled.
Peppermint Oil for Beard Growth
There have been limited studies, but promising evidence that peppermint may increase blood flow to the skin, stimulate the hair follicles and encourage hair growth when applied regularly. At the very least, you will have soft facial hair and a stimulating fragrance to keep you company!
Jojoba oil: Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) seed oil is one of the most nutrient rich carrier oils and is a great choice for a homemade beard oil recipe. It is rich in vitamin E, suitable for most skin types, soothes any skin irritations present and makes the perfect addition to this unique blend. Alternatively, grapeseed oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil or coconut oil can be used in this oil blend. As always, I do recommend purchasing organic ingredients for this DIY for best results.
Peppermint essential oil: Use high-quality, pure essential oil for the best results and highest concentrations of menthol and other compounds conducive to hair growth.
Simply place both ingredients into the vessel of your choosing (I like to use a small glass bottle), place a lid on and give a gentle shake to combine.
How Do I Use Peppermint Beard Oil?
- Place a small amount of beard oil into the palms of your hands.
- Gently massage your beard, being certain to reach the skin beneath the beard, rubbing both with and against hair growth until your beard feels thoroughly coated.
Please note: peppermint beard oil is designed for external use only. If you develop any skin irritation, abandon use and seek a professional's help.
With proper clean use, peppermint beard oil will keep well in a lidded container kept in a cool, dark place for up to one year.
More DIY Recipes You Might Enjoy
How to Make Peppermint Beard Oil
- In a lidded glass bottle, combine the jojoba oil and peppermint oil.
- Give it a good, gentle shake to combine.
- When ready to use, dispense a dime-sized amount into the palms of your hands and massage into the beard thoroughly.
- Keep stored in a dark, cool place for up to one year.